totallyaddictedtoreading

TOTALLY ADDICTED TO READING

I am an avid reader who loves sharing the stories I have read with my fellow readers. I enjoy reading Mystery, Legal and Political thrillers, Horror and all types of romance.

Red Hot Obsessions
Sky Corgan, Olivia Rigal, Ember Casey, Blair Babylon, Molly McLain, V.J. Chambers, Lacey Silks, Daizie Draper, Clarissa Wild, J.C. Valentine
Progress: 80%

Reading Challenges: 2018 New Release Challenge
 COYER Winter
Purchase: Amazon

<!--more-->

The story began with Nevada panicking about meeting her future mother-in-law. We see Catalina being asked by Alessandro to go for a ride. She is refusing, as she believes her magic is responsible for his being attentive to her.

Fast forward two months and two weeks later Catalina and Arabella are planning Nevada’s wedding. In the midst of the planning, Connor’s mom approaches Catalina requesting she locate the tiara she wants Nevada to wear at the wedding. She believes a member of her family is responsible for it being missing. What follows is a tale of intrigue as Catalina digs deep and uses her magic, something she has avoided for fear of its adverse effects on persons, but drastic times call for drastic measures. To save her sister’s wedding she will have to wield the big guns.

I enjoyed seeing Catalina in action. She can surely hold her own. She is definitely not someone to mess around with, as one particular wedding guest would discover.

I also enjoyed meeting Rogan’s mom. She is awesome. The way she embraced Nevada and her family was heartwarming.

Diamond Fire is a well-written story filled with fun moments that had me smiling from ear to ear. Betrayal, greed and hate was centre stage. I could not wait to know who wanted to sabotage the wedding. It was a delight watching Catalina uncover the treachery.

Conclusion/Recommendation
This is a great addition to the series. I eagerly await the next full-length novel, as I would love more information on Catalina. This is not one to miss.

Diamond Fire (Hidden Legacy, #3.5)
Nevada Frida Baylor and Connor Ander Rogan cordially invite you to join their wedding celebration. Summoning, weather manipulation, and other magical activities strictly forbidden. Catalina Baylor is looking forward to wearing her maid of honor dress and watching her older sister walk down the aisle. Then the wedding planner gets escorted off the premises, the bride’s priceless tiara disappears, and Rogan's extensive family overruns his mother’s home. Someone is cheating, someone is lying, and someone is plotting murder. To make this wedding happen, Catalina will have to do the thing she fears most: use her magic. But she’s a Baylor and there’s nothing she wouldn't do for her sister's happiness. Nevada will have her fairy tale wedding, even if Catalina has to tear the mansion apart brick by brick to get it done.
Source: http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2019/01/book-review-diamond-fire-by-ilona.html