totallyaddictedtoreading

TOTALLY ADDICTED TO READING

I am an avid reader who loves sharing the stories I have read with my fellow readers. I enjoy reading Mystery, Legal and Political thrillers, Horror and all types of romance.

Red Hot Obsessions
Sky Corgan, Olivia Rigal, Ember Casey, Blair Babylon, Molly McLain, V.J. Chambers, Lacey Silks, Daizie Draper, Clarissa Wild, J.C. Valentine
Progress: 80%

BUY LINKS:
EBOOK : AMAZON
PAPERBACK: AMAZON

BLURB

Betrayed by one of her own and turned into a vampire, hunter Eve is consumed by her hunger for vengeance and has spent five years, surviving hell, driven to take the life of the man she once loved. But just as she is about to close in on the hunter-turned-vampire, an event is set in motion that threatens to see him slip beyond her grasp forever—the leader of her bloodline has sent an escort to bring her to the family’s mansion. To a nest of the very creatures she once hunted and loathes.

A vampire assassin hardened by centuries of service, Tor is a man of discipline and loyalty, never straying from his mission or the rules set out for him, and has purged all his weaknesses, including his emotions.

But the moment he meets the broken, fiery female he is to escort to Oslo, something dangerous awakens in him, something possessive and powerful, and when he is pulled into a deadly game of cat and mouse with the man who betrayed her, Tor discovers he will do anything to protect the woman slowly claiming his heart and give her the vengeance she desires—even break all the rules.

Can Eve embrace her new vampire nature in order to have her revenge and find a reason to live again in Tor? Can Tor and Eve stop the man who betrayed her and the deaths of thousands of innocents? Or will he succeed in creating a new army of hybrid vampires who will rise up against the purebloods?

REVIEW
First of all I must say that the number one reason for reading this book is the author. Yes, I am a big fan of Felicity Heaton and I am not afraid to admit it.  The number two reason for wanting to read this book is the cover. With a cover this hot the content must be just as hot.  The third and final reason for wanting to read this book is that it’s a paranormal romance, which I am not ashamed to admit I am a die hearted fan of this genre.
Hunger is the eighth book in the Vampire Realm series and can be read as a standalone.   I am new to the series, however, after reading Hunger I am eager to read the previous books in the series.   Ms. Heaton did not disappoint, when the story ended, I was indeed satisfied that the time spent glued to the pages of this book was time well spent.
Hunger tells the story of Eve a vampire hunter who was turned into the very creature she once hunted.  Her turning came as a result of treachery from her hunting partner Adam.  Being a vampire did not sit well with Eve. She refused to feed from humans, even though it was weakening her abilities.  She had no interest in getting together with her vampire  family in Oslo.  Her sole focus at the time was getting revenge on Adam and nothing was going to get in her way. Not even a sexy vampire assassin name Tor.
Tor was sent to safely escort Eve to her new home in Oslo.  The tor is lethal, cold, confident and disciplined.  He is the type of person who never bend the rules and never deviates from  his mission. However, this was all about to change when an attempt was made on Eve’s life. He made the decision to assist her in her quest for revenge.
What follows is an emotional and gripping story that is filled with action and some steamy love scenes. I loved the interaction between Eve and Tor.  Relating to the characters was easy as they were portrayed as real people with real emotions.  Ms. Heaton knows just how to grab her reader’s attention and hold it to the very end and leave them wanting more.
Hunger is a story of hope, acceptance, love and betrayal that will engage all your emotions and have you rooting for Eve and Tor.

If you have never read any of Ms. Heaton’s books and you love paranormal romance then  I suggest you start with this series and work your way up.  You will certainly not regret it.

DISCLOSURE: I RECEIVED A COMPLIMENTARY COPY IN EXCHANGE FOR A HONEST REVIEW.

Source: http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2014/06/review-of-hunger-by-felicity-heaton.html