totallyaddictedtoreading

TOTALLY ADDICTED TO READING

I am an avid reader who loves sharing the stories I have read with my fellow readers. I enjoy reading Mystery, Legal and Political thrillers, Horror and all types of romance.

Red Hot Obsessions
Sky Corgan, Olivia Rigal, Ember Casey, Blair Babylon, Molly McLain, V.J. Chambers, Lacey Silks, Daizie Draper, Clarissa Wild, J.C. Valentine
Progress: 80%
Dirty Like Us - Jaine Diamond

I had my first experience with Jaine Diamond’s work when I read Dirty Like Me, book one in the Dirty series. This was when I met Maggie and Zane. I had many questions about their relationship. It was evident there was something going on between them, but the author did not elaborate. Therefore, when I discovered there was a prequel to the Dirty series which would provide me with the answers I sought, I jumped at the chance to claim a free copy of this novella.

What the story is about.

Maggie is the assistant manager for Dirty, the hottest rock band in the country. Zane is the lead singer. Maggie and Zane were attracted to each other, from the moment she started working with the group six years ago. Maggie, however, has rules, which she established for her life, one of which is not to sleep with her co-workers. A rule she has managed not to break in spite of her growing attraction to Zane.
Zane would do anything to protect Maggie, especially from her father’s constant degrading comments and his attempts to use her connections to the group to help re-establish his career. His desire to protect her led to him making a proposal that will forever change their lives.

The Characters

Maggie and Zane would be good together if only she believed he genuinely cared for her. I understood her doubts where that was concerned because he goes through women as often as he changes his clothing. However, what she did not know was, his love for her went deeper than the friendship they shared. She brought out the best in him.
Maggie is a strong, smart and funny heroine. She is fiercely protective of the members of the band whom she considers her family. She takes crap from no one. I loved how she did not allow her father’s terrible treatment to define her. It hurt, but she did not allow it to keep her down. Zane is a fun, caring and lovable character. He too had his own issues, but he rose above them, which is a daily struggle for him. I admired his strength in dealing with these issues, which given the temptations he faces each day would not have been easy.

The Story

I enjoyed the banter, which was funny and sexy. I laughed throughout most of the story. I should warn you though the dialogue was loaded with enough dirty talk to make one blush. There were a lot of swear words, which I found distracting. In spite of this, I thought the story was well written. Told from alternate first person POV the story gave insight into the emotional turmoil both characters faced.

Conclusion

This being a novella, I only got a brief look into the lives of Zane and Maggie, but now I have a full understanding of the reasons for the tension that exists between them.

Recommendation

Overall, this was an enjoyable read, and I can’t wait to find out how things will end up for these two. If you are interested in getting a copy of this novella visit http://ebook.jainediamond.com/getdirty/