totallyaddictedtoreading

TOTALLY ADDICTED TO READING

I am an avid reader who loves sharing the stories I have read with my fellow readers. I enjoy reading Mystery, Legal and Political thrillers, Horror and all types of romance.

Red Hot Obsessions
Sky Corgan, Olivia Rigal, Ember Casey, Blair Babylon, Molly McLain, V.J. Chambers, Lacey Silks, Daizie Draper, Clarissa Wild, J.C. Valentine
Progress: 80%
Claiming the Succubus - Lorien Lyn
I am a fan of paranormal romance, as such I was happy to read and review Claiming the Succubus. It didn’t matter that I was not familiar with the author’s work. The fact that the story was about shifters was enough to grab my attention.

Claiming the Succubus tells the story of a half-breed succubus and an Alpha werewolf. I have not read a story with this mix so I was curious to see how the author would bring across the story.

Ava Hawley is a half breed succubus and a bounty huntress. At the start of the story, we see Ava tracking a rogue shifter named Killian Reid. This hunt was of a personal nature as she was led to believe that he was responsible for her sister's disappearance. She tracked him for days with the intention to capture and bring him to her boss. However, when she eventually confronted him, she was unprepared for her reaction to him.

Killian was aware that he was being tracked, after all he is a werewolf. He found her tracking skills impressive. Killian was not concerned with being caught. He was more concerned with proving his innocence. It was, for this reason, he was prepared to convince Ava that he was being framed. Will she believe him? Can two sworn enemies work together to achieve a common goal?

I loved this story. I found it engaging and entertaining. My only problem was I believe it was too short. The chemistry between Ava and Killian was hot and intense. This confused Ava, as she believed that she was not able to have lasting relationships. The interaction between Killian and Ava was engaging. The characters were developed, and they were easy to relate to. I understood the struggles that Ava faced. Although she was a kick ass huntress, she was plagued with insecurities from her past. These insecurities had the power to affect her present and future.

This was a fast read with an exciting plot. I was eager to know the outcome of the story so I was compelled to keep turning the pages. Claiming the Succubus depicts the effects of a power struggle. It shows how the fight for power can ultimately destroy families and friendships.

I would like to thank Lorien Lyn for taking the time to write this story. I am looking forward to reading more of her work. If you like stories with sexy shifters and a badass heroine, then you will love Claiming the Succubus.